Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's just me.

My daughter is crying in the background, snuggled with her daddy, the most pathetic little, "ehhhh, wahhhhh, eghhhhhhhhhhh," In adult, that means, "I am so tired I am restless!" In baby, it means, "I wanted to be awake and put on a cute face and now I just want my MOM!"

Ever feel like that happens at your house? You're the ONLY one who can satisfy your child? What a blessed curse. I don't feel the curse part yet, per se. But there certainly are evenings when I just wish my husband could calm her like I do, or snuggle her in the way that makes her fall limp asleep. But when she goes down for 3+ naps a day with my help... it is hard to train daddy to do it just like me, and he shouldn't. We both just need to have the patience to let him learn. Yes, WE.But really, it is okay.

I feel honored to be called to be Brooklyn's mom. Whether I am called at 1 am, 5:45 am or even 8:30 pm, 9:00 pm, 9:30 pm, 9:32, 9:42, 10:00pm. It is all such a blessing, and I promise to view my mothering in such a way.

This weekend we are dedicating our daughter, proclaiming that we will raise her in a Christian home, we will share the gospel with her and the love of Jesus, we will pray for her and bring her up to the best of our ability along with our church. It's a big deal, and so important to us. We are still deciding on the "life verse until she picks her own" and that is totally okay with me.

I love being a mommy, I love watching friends become mommies, and I cannot WAIT for all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment