Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One year.

One slice.

One tug.

One cut.

One cry.

One voice.

One glance.

One whisper.

One kiss.

One little love.

It was our one year anniversary when the doctor told me it would be very difficult to become pregnant. It was one year from that day exactly, that we delivered our one beautiful daughter.

I still cannot believe that I am the one who holds this child in my arms, I thought it would be years before I met her. This baby whose every smile gives me butterflies in my stomach, this love. This gift that has changed me so very much. I know that every day, I am the best momma I was created to be.

I am gladly not number one in my life anymore, I am proudly not number one for every day. It is my greatest joy to not shower so I can play with my baby, it is an honor to wake up at 5:45 in the morning to feed my love. I wear bags under my eyes with pride some days, spit up is still my perfume. There truly is no other job I was destined for than this.

She will be one year soon, sooner than later, and I can totally believe it! We have had the greatest journeys, the most fun, and I have savored every moment. I'm not sure what it is... but you probably won't hear me say "where did that year go?" Because I'm still in shock that she is here. :)

Oh my one baby... I love you girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment