Monday, January 17, 2011

Delicious Enchiladas

Jon and I hate enchiladas, just ask my mom, I would skip dinner instead of eating the disgusting casserole in a tortilla- until now.

I created these bad babies a few years ago, and felt the urge to eat them again this week:


6 tortillas
1 large chicken breast (Like really, the big ones)
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cans enchilada mild sauce
1 can original rotel (or mild, if you have baby taste buds)
1/2 bag shredded three cheddar/mexican cheese/colby jack (whathaveyou)
1 large can refried beans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cook chicken breast (we cooked ours in chicken bullion in the slow cooker, about 1 hour so it could easily by shredded, could easily be set early in the day). Shred chicken and place in bowl with taco seasoning, rotel (WITH juices) mix well.

Grease 9 x 13 pan with cooking oil spray.

Smear some refried beans down center of tortilla, sprinkle cheese generously, sprinkle chicken mixture, roll up, place seam of tortilla down in pan, when filled, pour one can of enchilada sauce over all roll ups.

Cook for 30 minutes in oven at 375, sprinkle cheese on the top, and the other can of enchilada sauce (we used half). Cook an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with yummy rice drizzled in lime and salt and sour cream- fab!

I know I know... I normally don't blog THIS kind of stuff, but truly, I lost my recipe cards and had to document somewhere! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment