Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby I'm amazed by you.

I started dating my husband in 2005.

I got engaged in 2007.

I got married in 2008.

I found out I was pregnant in 2009.

I became a mother in 2010.

I know that 2011 will hold many wonderful adventures for my sweet family. I cannot wait to see where we end up, what we're doing, and who is along for the ride.

I'm sitting here chuckling to myself thinking over the past few weeks and all that Lyn has done. On Christmas Eve morning I set her down and she began crying out, "Ma ma, ma ma mom!" Um... seriously? Sometimes I beat myself up for Brooke not crawling yet, or whatever... I know, don't worry, I tell myself to shut up. (But, she is army crawling, and it is PRECIOUS) But when that happens, I think about how AMAZING she is... she calls me Mama... and she is only 6 months old. She cries it out when I set her down, or leave the room. Sometimes she just babbles it... but I think she may know that I am Mama. Good brain babes, goooood brain. (And, we did get a "Papa" out of her once, I think Jon was pleased!)

This little girl has such a personality, she is so sweet laying her head on my shoulder, wrapping her arms around my neck and squeezing tight, and being so still for loves. She is friendly, and will let people pass her for hours pretty much, honestly, on Christmas at my mom's, I wasn't quite sure where she was for roughly 2 hours, but I knew she was in hands that love her very much. She was passed down the table, then snuggled with her adoptive Grandma Randall and Papa Steve, and did so well! Oh sweet love, I love who you are becoming!

Right now, we're going through the, "Wait, you're my mom, and I don't think I want to be away from you." However, this has REALLY developed over the past 24 hours or so... and I was away from her for a good 9 of those hours, then with the 8 hours of sleep she did in her bed... she needed some momma love, and I needed her too. My heart aches for her when she is not with me. But, I do know that I need to let her explore the world around her, be loved on by others, and it warms my heart to see that. So, I gladly hand her over to anyone who asks... and even those who don't. :) We're all about sharing this baby love that we have been given.

I just figured I'd update you a little on our lives.... and here are a few tid bits, if you care:

1- We started bananas a few weeks ago, have added in sweet potatoes, along with apples. Tomorrow, we will do carrots. And yes, I am a freak, I make my own baby food, and yes, it is organic, and I LOVE doing it.
2- We have taken to calling our girl Lynie... but usually Brooke and Brooklyn... but seriously, you might think her name is Lynn if you spend a day with me!
3- We bought Brooklyn one Christmas gift, and it was used- and she likes it!
4- We lost our Jeep a few weeks ago, boooo, so, we bought a super sexy wagon from our grandparents, we tried to be a one car family, and it DID work, I cannot lie. However, after debating the fact that some days I will have to take Daddy to work, Brooke would then be screwed up on naps, and honestly, we value sleep more than money. Oh Money.... I could go on and on and on... money is evil, and we will not be slaves to it. We also put Brooke in her big girl car seat in this car, she likes that she can see around, however, she is not thrilled with the in and out, and I do not blame her.
5- We have vaccinated Brooklyn a little bit, but after how lethargic she was from her last Pertussis vaccine, we aren't sure if we will do that second one in a few weeks, we are blessed to have a very traditional doctor, who loves to converse with us about these choices, along with help us make the best choices for us.

And that is all for tonight... because I'm pooped!

1 comment:

  1. They are so uniquely amazing, arent they? It's mindblowing, sometimes. Army crawling is absolutely adorable, you should take a video of her and post it!
    ~m

    ReplyDelete